skip to Main Content
+234 703 298 2965 Relentless Persuit of excellence in clinical research and patient care

History

The Catholic missionaries arrived Adazi –Nnukwu in 1912 at the invitation of the then Colonial government appointed Warrant Chief, HRH Ogbuefi Ojiako Ezenne. From this springboard they began the evangelization of the central Igbo heartland and also subsequently established both educational and health facilities to cater to the needs of the surrounding communities. St. Josephs Hospital was established in 1938 and by the mid- 20th century before the Nigerian Civil war had become a major tertiary referral hospital in the region.

 

The heart center built by the Anambra State Government under the regime of Gov. Peter Obi and jointly equipped with Global Eagle Foundation, Atlanta, USA is an international standard specialist facility fully equipped with state of the art equipment’s, and provides the full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic services in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery. It has capacity for 12 ICU, 12 ward beds and 2 private executive suites.

The center is staffed by a combination of experienced local and diaspora specialists trained in various reputable health Institutions in Nigeria, Europe and North America.

Back To Top